3.06.2010

I am a SLUGGARD!!

Or a reformed sluggard.

The great thing about scheduling a quiet time for my is that it is actually getting done....most of the time!

And the even greater thing is that the Lord just teaches me awesome things through that.

Ok, back to being a sluggard....have you ever read Proverbs 6:6-11??

Here it is:

Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise.
Without having any chief, officer, or ruler, she prepares her bread in summer and gathers her food in harvest.
How long will you lie there, O sluggard? When will you arise from your sleep?
A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest,
and poverty will come upon you like a robber, and want like an armed man.

I AM A SLUGGARD!!!
I should mention that I LOVE sleep. I have always loved sleep. I thought that if I didn't get my 8 or 9 hours, I would die. Or at least be a zombie all day. Well with having babies my 8 or 9 hours has somehow turned into 9 or 10 hours and somewhere along the way sleep started to be hard and I would wake up with a headache and I didn't know why....wasn't I sleeping enough? Then the Lord showed me this scripture and I felt like He was telling me that I was valuing MY sleep more than...gulp...my time with him. More than....time with my children. More than....actually getting my life in order. (God is a God of order) And I was losing the battle with myself. I was believing that I was a bad wife and a bad mother because I just couldn't do it!

So, I decided that something had to change. I decided that I would just aim for 7 hours of sleep. I'm not sure why. That is just what came to me. So I did it. And I felt AMAZING!!! I don't get it perfectly on but it's not 10 hours! And I'm getting my daily routines down pretty well. I set my alarm every night and work from there. It seems like such a simple thing when I think about it now, but it has been a tough one to get to.

And when I sleep....I'm sleeping like a baby :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Go Krystle!!!
Honestly.....I hate that passage! ;)
I am so there with you! Waking up to Stellar Kart really helps! lol
I am gradually getting better too!!! YAY!

Unknown said...

haha...it's been so crazy! I never thought that sleeping would have such a huge effect on what does and doesn't happen during the day :-)