10.03.2008

YUMMY COOKIES!

I really like most of Martha Stewart's recipes and I get Martha Stewart Living magazine and the newest one had a recipe for Cowboy cookies and they are sooo....yummy! So, I thought I would share it with you. It was super easy.

Cowboy Cookies

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
1/2 t baking powder
8 oz (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 C granulated sugar
3/4 C light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 t vanilla extract
1 1/2 C old-fashioned oats
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate, cut into 1/4 in chunks (1 cup)
=I used semi-sweet choc that was already chunked up!=
3 oz (3/4 C) pecan halves
=I used walnuts because I didn't have pecans=
1/2 C shredded unsweetened coconut
=I used sweetened because Wal-Mart didn't have unsweetened=

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder into a med bowl.
=Instead of sifting it, I let Edmund stir it for a while, it was fun! :)=

2. Beat butter and sugars with a mixer on med-high until pale and creamy-about 3 min. Reduce speed to medium. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.

3. Reduce speed to low, and slowly add flour mixture, beating until just incorporated. Beat in oats, chocolate, pecans, and coconut until combined. (Dough can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.)

4. Using a spoon or ice cream scoop spoon onto prepared baking sheets, spacing 3 inches apart.

5. Bake until edges of cookies begin to brown, 11 to 13 min. Transfer baking sheets to wire racks and let cool for 5 min. Transfer cookies to racks. Let cool.
=Most of ours took just past 10 minutes to finish. They turned out super soft and yummy and it was fun to make with Edmund and Robert!=

1 comment:

Leah said...

Yay cookies! I love baking in autumn when the weather starts to cool. I miss hangning out with your sweet family.